Who we are
The Cellule Jeunes et Familles de Brome-Missisquoi is a non-profit organization that has been operating in Cowansville for 30 years. The Cellule is a resource dedicated to youth, families and seniors facing difficulties. The Cellule seeks to reach people outside of or at odds with mainstream society as well as help people connect with community resources and develop their automony.
The Cellule team consists of personnel with distinct job descriptions which allows us to welcome individuals appropriately and address the different needs of youth, families and seniors. The Cellule also works in partnership with local community resources and services in order to provide personalized and beneficial referrals.
- Coordinator: In addition to coordinating the various services of the Cellule, this person offers workshops on addiction prevention in schools and community settings. Tel.: 450-260-1823
- Families accompaniment: Companions accompany families in various environments such as HLM/Subsidised housing, parks, stores, the street, etc. This service is offered in Cowansville and Bedford in order to reach and support the maximum number of families with children between 0 and 5 years of age in high risk situations. Cowansville: 450-260-1823 Bedford: 450-272-3961
- Companion in HLM: This person supports tenants in community projects and supports activities such as the shopping group and the community gardens. Their office is located in the Cowansville HLM. Tel.: 450-263-7024
- Community worker for adults: This person offers services to families with children 6 years of age and older and adults without children. Tel.: 450-260-1823
- Seniors accompaniment: The service is offered in Cowansville in order to reach and support the seniors in situation of vulnerability. The companion is present in the various living environments of the families (HLM, pharmacy, store, etc.). Tél.: Cowansville: 450-260-1823
- Furniture Bank manager: This person collects donated furniture and brings it to the storage facility. The furniture is distributed to those in need provided they have made a request. Tel.: 450-260-1823