- Prevention workshops: The Cellule provides activities promoting healthy lifestyles and drug prevention among youth and adults in schools and communities in the Brome-Missisquoi territory.
- Cooking Workshops: This is an opportunity to teach young people and families new nutritious, economical recipes easy to reproduce. Cooking workshops are conducive to mutual assistance and exchange between participants on various topics.
A nurse comes regularly to offer her services to users. They can take tests to detect infections, either transmitted sexually or through blood, get vaccinated, have access to sterile injection equipment, and condoms. They also have access to information, health tips, and get referrals adapted to their needs
Fax services, telephone and internet are at the disposal of the Cellule users. These services are free and are meant to help individuals in their initiatives.
In order to reach the people facing difficulties at the economical level (income security, family allowance, debt, etc.), social level (violence, isolation, etc.) or personal level (addiction, delinquency, child education, etc.), the outreach workers offer listening services and appropriate resources for specific accompaniment needs.
- Welcome/listening: Caregivers are present to welcome, listen to and support people living with difficulties.
- Reference: After learning about the issues, the community worker will suggest resources, programs or people better suited to the situation.
- Accompaniment: To offer support in personal initiatives, The Cellule team can offer personalized accompaniment. Whether it is support for filling out forms, making telephone calls or support for judicial or medical appointments, as well as helping contact the services offered by other organizations. However, it is important to know that accompaniments are not taxis. They are offered to those who have a real need to be accompanied when meeting professionals.
- The Cellule offers services of emergency food supplies. People needing this service can call or come directly to our office without appointment and we will donate food sufficient for a period of 24 to 48 hours. For long term help, we will refer said person to other organizations involved in providing food security.
- The Cellule gives access to people needing a washer and dryer, at no cost.